9 PLACES AVAILABLE
Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your Company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The Cambrian Line has successfully demonstrated the application of ERTMS Level 2 in the UK. Imminent major renewals of signalling infrastructure on key routes will see this technology rapidly rolled-out, to be transformed from the rare to the mundane.
This course will prepare a forward-thinking signal engineer for this future step-change in technology and practice.
- Understanding of ERTMS Level 0, 1, 2, 3 and STM operation
- “Before and after” signalling plan and performance comparisons for ERTMS Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Cambrian Line case study
- Typical configurations of trackside, interlocking and RBC equipment
- Typical configurations of trainborne equipment
- The trainborne Driver-Machine interface
- The signaller-machine interface
- ERTMS information flows and content
- Impact upon operational rules
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe how the future application of ERTMS will affect the current technical and operational practices.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate of attendance which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be familiar with signalling principles, layout plans and wiring diagrams for UK main line signalling installations.