Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for delegates who will be required to undertake the role of Test Assistant. It will provide them with the underpinning knowledge and practical ability that will be required in this role and make sure they are aware of the equipment that will be used and what will be expected of them.
- Underpinning knowledge matched to IRSE Test Assistant Licence 1.3.150
- Intensive practical experience in the role of a Test Assistant
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Aspect reporting
- Test Desk operation
- Track circuit assistance
- Point Operation and Detection assistance
- Relays, Lever Locks and Circuit Controller identification and observation
- Wire Counting
- Continuity Testing
- Strap and Function Testing
- Cable and Through Testing
- Control Panel reporting
- Power Supply safety
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be familiar with Signalling symbols and Signalling Installation practices. They should also have a basic knowledge of safe working procedures whilst working on electrical equipment (i.e. SPWEE).